Thursday, May 10, 2012

Finishing Touches

So after putting my new castle together with my trees and reorganising the layout I moved onto adding the finishing touches.

From this screenshot you can see that I was actually going to give my castle a glow until I found out that Unity doesn't allow this so I looked into it and thought that maybe I should add a bloom effect but because of the level of whites and yellows used in my level I think the glowing would be very overpowering.


As for the little details, I wanted to add falling leaves by using the particle system and for a test just changed the colours of the fairy dust and after talking to a few people about how it looked I didn't think that changing them into leaves and such was really necessary because you can see from the colours what it's suppose to represent. And it can be anything from leaves to blossom, I'll just let the players decide.


This is an in game screenshot of the finished piece. You can't see much of the blossom stuff floating around but you can get the idea of my game space. It was originally meant to be in a forest but when I was sculpting the terrain, I thought that the maple tree brushes in the terrain package are really dull in comparison to my own models and it looked very out of place. So instead I created a isolated are with the sun creeping over the mountains. 


This last picture just shows the lens flare I added when you look at the sun at the beginning of the game. I think it's a really nice feature that breathes a lot of life into my game. 


No comments:

Post a Comment