Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Dream of Butterfly



While exploring different media for the Context of Practice final piece I bumped into a really nice kinetic typography video to one of my favourite songs from the wonderful Persona 3.

The visuals for this and the layout is really stunning. I love the use of tonal colours because it keeps in fresh and clean. My favourite part has got to be this part where these hills are created and then the japanese characters fall off the sphere like leaves. It's a really nice effect and after looking at a few tutorials online it seems quite simple so i'd like to practice kinetic type at some point.

The editing and syncing with the music is spot on but at times I think its a little too fast perhaps but the song has quite a fast pace anyway. Maybe it's just me?

Overall, a really stunning piece of kinetic type. The fact i's done to a soundtrack to one of my favourite games is just a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment