Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Sherlock Holmes



This trailer is one of the most recent trailers I've seen that really stands out for me. I think it's really nicely cut and the footage especially the high speed stuff looks really impressive. I know there's a lot of speculation regarding the use of high speed footage but I think it's used well in this movie. It really emphasises the reality of the situation in one of the movies best action sequences. This is something that might have been a great effect if we filmed our Norse mythology piece because there's a war scene in the story.

Back to the editing, I think it's been done in such a way that the story is well presented within such a short amount of time which of course is ideal for tv ads in between programs and such. Near the beginning there's a few clips that fade to black. I think this really helps build anticipation leaving the audience wanting to know what happens next which is ideal for the beginning of an opening, title sequence or trailer.

No comments:

Post a Comment