Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Short Animated Films

Okay so, I've been having a look at various short animated films and I found two in particular that I really love and I really wanted to share them, so here they are~

This first film is called 'The Lady and The Reaper' and it was made by Javia Recio Gracia and was produced by a company called Kandor Graphics.

Hope you like it as I did~




The lady and the reaper from Hormoz Zamanpour Siahkal on Vimeo.

I really love this piece because it's just chuck full of comedy. There's some really nice shots in there too and I love the use of the silhouettes and the staircase on the chase scene. The music also goes really well with it and more than anything I absolutely adore the characters and the storyline. Despite the situation which appears to be quite sad and moving at first, it turns out to be a very comical bit of film and I think this idea was very well thought through. The characters just seem so fun and friendly which is great for capturing wide audiences.

Now moving onto my second short film.

This film is another comical animation which is actually part of a graduate student project from a college in France.

Enjoy~


Oktapodi by Gobelins from Feride Seferaj on Vimeo.

The storyline for this is a very cute but strange love story. Because they're creatures though, I think the way that they've been animated especially the facial expressions and the body movement. The emotions of the characters comes across really well and I like how they've thought about how an octopus moves out of the water. I think that idea was really clever and it all gels really well together.

I looked at quite a lot of short animations but the reason I chose these two animations in particular is because I want to get across how strongly I feel about stories and characterisation. This is something I hope will stand out in my future works.

No comments:

Post a Comment